Tuesday 17 January 2017

HIGHLIGHTS OF 2016



2 0 1 6


MY TOP HIGHLIGHTS AS WE MOVE INTO THE NEW YEAR.... ♡♡♡

#1 FASHION SCOUTS 'ONES TO WATCH' winner and catwalk show.  Feb 2016
Supported by our residency in Indonesia with the British Council Odette and I applied to Fashion Scout with our modest wear collection in collaboration with Dian Pelangi. We shortlisted 8 looks out of 24 to show on the London Catwalk platform and it was incredible. 
A huge thankyou to the director Martyn Roberts, Kendall Robbins at British Council and Rebekah Roy who styled the show. We also had a showroom in freemasons hall. 
Being the bridge and providing modest wear with a catwalk platform in London made me so proud and it meant we were halfway to our goal of showing in Indonesia, London and an African platform. 
You can see us and other onestowatch winners at: http://fashionscout.co.uk/ones-to-watch/

DIAN PELANGI X NELLY ROSE X ODETTE STEELE








This has to be my first highlight of 2016. 

#2 International Fashion  Showcase: Fashion Utopia's
This was such a highlight of any fashion event i've ever taken part in. Exhibiting with designers from all over the world- we represented Indonesia and were also featured on the front cover of the programme. 
The section was styled and curated by Carri Munden from Cassette Playa. 

February 2016 








#3 FASHION REVOLUTION 
April 2016
Fashion Revolution is something I got involved with a few years ago and have been dedicated too ever since. A worldwide movement to ask #whomademyclothes. Something which makes me feel proud to be a part of the fashion industry and not shy away from it.... Below are a couple of videos from the youtube mini series I captured throughout the week in London. If you want to get involved check out the campaign at: 
http://fashionrevolution.org/






 
# Green Fashion Week - Milan 



I was asked by the GFW team to create a collection for the presentation to be held at the Pirelli Tower in central Milan - supported by the United Nations and with a shoot I directed at the Bosco Verticale it was such a positive fashion showcase ... and I met my spirit sister of the Milan textile world - Silvia Giordavani   The next GFW is in LA in April keep your eyes peeled. 
I was so grateful to my dream team girl gang who came to cover the event, Megan at Kaleidoscope magazine, India Brigitta at Wonderland Magazine : Article here http://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2016/12/green-fashion-week/ and Zoe Thomas who is my warrior printess. 
A huge thankyou to everyone at GFW for having me: Green Fashion Week








#4 IMPRINT Magazine Editorial and designer talks/  

One of the larger editorials we did for Co-Identity which was partly at my workplace of Ace Hotel London and partly on the streets of hackney..... 

My highlight of this was the most in-depth interview in which i've spoken most from the heart in my career! 
Read my Designer Talk here: 





EDITORIAL | Imprint x Nelly Rose / Odette Steele / Dian Pelangi: Golden girl • Link in Bio • Photography: LAILA COHEN Styling: ANNE MERTENS
Model: LEAH @ MILK MANAGEMENT
Hair & Make-up: ELLIE BLACKWELL
Designs: NELLY ROSE, ODETTE STEELE & DIAN PELANGI
Earings: IOIA & FINCHITTIDA
Shoes: BEYOND SKIN & EVERLANE
Location credits: ACE HOTEL SHOREDITCH


# 5 Unmade Studio Collaboration 
February 2016 - Present  

As part of the International Fashion Showcase we created a year long limited edition design pattern for UNMADE STUDIO 
Founded in 2013, Unmade used their technology to launch a series of interactive knitwear products in collaboration with artists and designers. 
Using patterns seen in the prints we designed for the CO-IDENTITY collection we created these in different scales which were placeable by the customer. 
I was honoured to design something for such a unique transparent concept. 








# 6 Cover Magazine IFDC Council 
June 2016

One of my favourite pieces of press we received for the Co-Identity collection. A huge part of our collection was to relate and make a collection which was to be relatable to all women especially as we styled the London show also with the Hijab. 
COVER Magazine included a 4 page spread on us in their Launch Issue and I was really proud that our collection had fulfilled it's aim of being included in the modestwear fashion sector. 
A huge thankyou to Malika Laurent for the interview. 


 

# 7 Africa Fashion Week London 
September 2016

Taking the collection platforms in a full circle, we were asked to showcase at the AFWL. As we had showed in Jakarta, London this seemed like the best option to honour Odette's Zambian heritage. 
I enjoyed this event so much, the marketplace was so alive and I was so inspired by how traceable and personal each collection was to the designer. 
The design work felt so personal to each designer and of course it was full of african culture and vibrance.  
I was particularly inspired by meeting the editor of New African Woman, Regina jane Gere. 










REGINA JANE JERE Editor of NAW wearing our hand sewn choker. 


#8 ACE HOTEL Shoreditch  

My part time workplace is on the front desk here and what has been my second home at times. I meet a constant influx of musicians, creatives and work with my friends to create a community and creative space for people to stay. I have almost been here a year now and it still surprises me every shift with wonderful new discoveries.







#9 Taking the role of project manager for the UNTF - End Violence Against Women for the We-Are Collective Founded by Reeme Idris 
I am so excited to see where this role takes me in the new year, we are about to start working on the #orangetheworld project which is going to be so powerful, 
See more here at: http://www.untfsupporters.com/






# 10
JAPAN: A TOKYO NEW YEAR
Following my heart to head for christmas and New Year made me experience a new world, not only through the eyes of my boyfriend Morgan who is teaching here, but to the world of care, craft and attention to detail. 
We travelled to Tokyo, Kyoto and then to the Fukui Prefecture and I fell in love with the world around me. A longer blog post to come soon..... 
Kyoto saw me visiting the Nichijin textile district where I researched weaving techniques, indigo dyeing and Kimono fashion shows. 
I am now ready to return to London inspired and full of sparkle for the new year! 











HAPPY NEW YEAR, May we all work to continue making positive change together. 



NELLY ROSE XX 

And a picture to for us to dance into the new year too... 

                                                                                          bjork for dazed











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LOUD SAID NELLY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig